8800 gtx not performing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as the title says really. I am an avid games player, most notably playing counterstrike source where fps do matter. But heres the situation, i have the following custom built rig:

CPU:- AMD64, duel core 5600+
Mobo:- Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe WiFi NF590
Memory:-3gb duel channel memory ( 2 gb of OCZ, SLI ready memory)
HDD: primary 150 gb western digital raptor, and secondary, 160 gb random ide
GPU: scanfx 8800 GTX 768mb
PSu: 600w coolmaster igreen power

basically when i am playing counterstrike source which i use as a kinda benchmark, i am , when moving normally, locked at 75 fps ( with v sync on) with all settings pretty much on full, but when more than 2 or 3 people come onto my screen and fire etc, it drops to the 60's and on maps like assult somtimes it will even drop as low as 40 somtimes high 30's. With v sync off it hovers around 90- 140, but again when anything graphically intensive comes on the screen it drops dramatically. Could this be down to this being a duff card or my setup? Cos i known of many people hitting like well about 200/300 fps, with the same or lower card and a worse rig. Please any help would be wikid. Also on games like bioshock ( graphics maxed out with v snyc on) im only getting bettween 35-60 and on cod4 im getting around 25-50 ( 75 if i look at the ground) could this be my temps? or my PSU not being sufficient?

Many thanks
(oh also i have the most up to date drivers and i am running vista home basic 64 bit, but i had this problem before i upgraded to vista from XP)

Are you using mismatched ram or is that a typo?
Memory:-3gb duel channel memory ( 2 gb of OCZ, SLI ready memory)

If its not a typo, then that could be your problem, asus mobo's are notorious for not liking even mixed brands of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back