8800GTX problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFusion1990

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX and I'm getting quite strange shadow problems in Battlefield 2. It is as if the shadows have no anti-aliasing and they are incredibly jaggy. Also, the weapons have strange shadow problems where the shadows spaz out. I have the latest driver from Nvidia. I have Windows XP Professional Ed. x64, an Intel C2D E6600, 680W PSU, and an Intel P965. If anyone else, with an 8800GTX, that once had this problem, or still does, please post back. Thanks. :grinthumb

I've heard of some people having strange rendering problems in bf2(and other games) with gf8 cards. Have you tried the newest nvidia driver? It claims to have improved game compatibility.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_97.92.html

Release notes say fixes "Battlefield 2: Intermittent random z fighting problems on the terrain"

Hope this gets you running smoothly.

Edit: it also says that the one problem with bf2 hasn't been fixed yet, here's the quote: " Battlefield 2: Corruption and flickering occur in the grass when video settings are set to High."

Hmm, well, you might have to wait until nvidia releases x64 drivers or the game gets patched. Not the ideal solution... Maybe someone else here has a fix.

Same problem

I'm using the a ASUS EN8800GTX in vista 32 and i think a have the same problem. battlefield 2 has a sort of low res shadows. same in company of heroes, rome total war, 3dmark05 gets flickering shadows, the rest of the graphics runs well
I havent found the solution yet, i have the most recent drivers.

If anyone has got a solution, please help.

I'm running an XFX GeForce 8800 GTX and have been since my build prior to Christmas. I never ran into a problem since, until yesterday when I purchased and installed STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. For some reason, this game really raises the temps on the 8800 GTX. I went out today and purchased a Mad Max PCI cooler and a Mad Max case fan. Guess what, it has kept the temps down about 8 degrees on the GTX AND, even after running the game for 3+ hours, the tearing and shredding have disappeared. The GTX does run quite hot, and depending on how hot the processor runs at when taxed in 3D ops, you may get away with 99% of your games not being affected, but it's the 1% that will kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back