TechSpot

90 percent of the information intercepted by the NSA reportedly belongs to ordinary internet users

1. A vast majority of the people identified in a large cache of online conversations intercepted by the National Security Agency were ordinary internet users, and not legally targeted foreigners, according to a Washington Post report.

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,547   +2,346

"While the report raises some real privacy concerns, it also confirms that these far-reaching surveillance efforts have led to discoveries of considerable intelligence value."

If you throw a giant net in the water you are bound to catch something. The ends still do not justify the means.

SantistaUSA likes this.
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

I try not to think about these surveillance stories, because if what we hear is bad, imagine what we haven't heard...

SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. Real privacy, lol

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

Well, for the last 6 months or whatever, we've been joking that the NSA is recording everything. Today we find out that 90% of what's recorded are regular people. Well... if they were recording everything, then something like 99.999999% of what was recorded would be regular people.

I'd say this is good news :)

6. Eddo22

Eddo22 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +6

Oh I guess we aren't supposed to have privacy. My bad.

Another interesting point is that governments know how poorly they are treating and allowing people to be treated and simple don't care because of the almighty dollar. Stupid money.