Supports AGP 4x/8x, adjustable voltage 1.5 and 1.6 or auto
    Enermax 380w PS
    Barton 3200
    512 Mushkin Dual Channel DDR
    CD
    CDRW
    2 80gig maxtor drives
    fresh install XP Pro w/SP2

Installed 9600xt and system booted fine. Loaded latest drivers from ATI. Games looked better, smoother detail etc. I would then have spontaneous reboots, at any given time, even if not doing anything. Sometimes screen goes blank, just black but still in windows. Sometimes boots with screen so dim I can barely read it and will hang at XP logo. When I get into MOHAA can get beautiful graphics but will lock, go black, or reboot. Sent card back to dealer for replacement. Reinstalled my old faithful Radeon VIVO 64MB DDR card - works fine.
    Received new 9600xt, installed and system won't boot. MB has a warning LED that lights when a 3.3v card is installed - it goes on when power is turned on and prevents the system from starting. (before installing this card I uninstalled the Radeon drivers and set the AGP voltage to Auto.) Any suggestions? Is this a compatibility issue or bad cards? Thanks for any help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.