9800pro and older system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag

i've got a 2100+ kt4-ultra 512mb pc2700. i've just bought a 9800 pro will this perform wel? i know it wil but like on reviews they use 3ghz machines fast ram. they get 15000 in 3d mark 2001se i know its hard to tell the difference in 3d mark but wil i get this type of performence or will it be alot lower

you should still get a very good score. but the important thing isnt the synthetic benchmark it is the performance in games. not only will you have higher framerates you should also have them with the visual goodies cranked up.

Actual performance in some games is also dependent on your CPU speed. On the whole, that 9800 Pro will be very fast even with a 2100+ CPU, and you wouldn't notice much difference with a faster CPU. The framerates are already well above what you need for most games.

I believe 9800pro will work great with a 2100+ maybe a little bit slower in terms of frame rate, but that shouldn't do any harm to your gaming experience.

Forget about the benchmarks, and stick with something you feel comfortable at.

i would like to run games at 4xAA, and 8xAN with treu form and other features enabled but at 1024x768 wil this give me fast frame rates?

I'm currently running a 2100+ Tbred B at 200x10 (2Ghz) with a 9700 Pro and its been lovely so far. I'm only playing at 1280x1024 as thats the native resolution of my TFT but its been sweet with AA and AF. Not much that it hasn't been able to cope with nicely enough. You should be ok with that setup.

i hope i can use the same settings for hl2 :D

btw normally you get sof2 and rtcw with the sapphire 9800pro
but i'm just gona leave it i'm going back to belgium soon and cant bother with all the hasle. but i liked the thought of sof2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back