A Complicated question

Hello guys, I have a question regarding my PC

1 week ago, I bought a second hand HDD, I set it up with a different sata cable than the one provided for me, (I bought the sata separately), when I booted up the PC it was like the whole PC was running extremely slow with glimpses of normal running it was like my PC was running constantly on 5 fps, I got rid of the HDD, but now when I try to turn it on with my box panel open it runs this slow again. but if I close the side panel its back to normal, any opinions on that ?

If I understand what's happening correctly -- ignoring the HDD entirely, at present when you open the side panel, your PC doesn't operate properly, but when you close it, it instantly reverts to normal behavior? If that's the case, it sounds like some sort of cabling issue. Is it a hinged side panel or pop off? Is there some cable that runs through it or near it?

Well, basically no, my cable management is on point. But the thing that made me ask this question is. Like an hour ago my PC started restarting randomly like 2-3 mins after its on, no message no nothing, no error, just its like crashes and restarts. I was looking at the HWmonitor, nothing was overheating, it was alright, I opened it to see what might the problem be, when it was open it didnt restart for like 20 mins but it was running slow as I said in the beginning, I didnt do any changes, but get out the GPU and put it back again. now that it is closed and running normaly I am not that worried anymore, but I am afraid it might happen again. (The PC started acting like that since I tried to install an additional HDD) Can the HDD and this problem be connected ?

I had a guy bring a machine in that was like that and he had inadvertently knocked the cooler of his chipset (only on one side) so the chipset was overheating. Perhaps that's why it works better when you close the case? Better airflow over the chipset? .....complete shot in the dark.

If you're watching your cpu and gpu temps and nothing looks alarming there, then I still have to believe it's something mechanical -- perhaps a slotting issue with the memory or a card. KShipper's suggestion to check the seating of all your coolers is a good one as well, even if your temps look OK.

I will do that, and will get back to you guys, sorry for my dumb explaining but, english is not my first language, and thank you for your advices :) Have a nice Day/Night :)

Back