A computer that is immune to dust and overheating?

gary_hendricks

Just came across this article about a Washington tech company that came up with a computer that functions without heat, dust, operation and maintenance problems. Apparently, production costs for this 'technology' will be well under $40 per unit.

Anyone knows how this 'technology' works?

A computer that doesnt require maintenance.....probably like a women who doesnt complain.....non existent

Are you referring to the new student/kids PC which will sell for $100US and can run on battery for up to 16 hours? It has no fans or active cooling and is water and dust tight. The market is meant for 3rd world schools so children can have access to computers where electricity is scarce. Obviously anyone can buy one and would be pretty good PC for young kids in any country because it's very rugged and even has a built in hand crank generator to charge itself. Cool stuff.

SNGX1275 is correct or at least on the right track. It is a way underclocked CPU (not sure if it really is 386 (P2 or P3), I believe it is a P4) this way it doesn't produce enough heat to need active cooling and the case can be air and water tight. Hey no major tech break-thru just underclocking.

Are you stalking me Rick? Nearly every thread I've commented in you've came in after me to say something :)

gary_hendricks said:
Just came across this article about a Washington tech company that came up with a computer that functions without heat, dust, operation and maintenance problems. Apparently, production costs for this 'technology' will be well under $40 per unit.

Anyone knows how this 'technology' works?
Care to share the article?

SNGX1275 said:
Are you stalking me Rick? Nearly every thread I've commented in you've came in after me to say something :)

No....

You hear typing from outside your Window

Back