A quick question about Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

kipale

Hi there. I study in a university where pretty much all the software used is, to my great frustration, microsoft-based. Our email system also uses Microsoft Exchange.

Now the problem I have is that I can't get Outlook to remember my email password. I've done everything explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684 to try to fix that with no luck (why should average user have to go through such hassle anyways...) The thing is that to my knowing microsoft exchange only works with microsoft outlook. Does anybody know of any other email client that would work with microsoft exhange?

I'm checking my mail like 3 times everyday and my password is 10 chars long so it's really getting on my nerves. Microsoft is just fine as long as there's no problems, which is to say never. After that you go look for some community support and find out there is none, just some "go edit windows registry" article that doesn't even help...

To my knowledge, any POP3 Email client should work -- it should only be a matter of the correct server settings.

Hi kipale. You mentioned that you were on an Exchange server. Is it possible that the system administrator has log-ins set up so that you have to type in your password each time? Have you asked colleagues if they have the same requirement? Is there an IT group or Help Desk that supports the school's systems?

Sare

Hi sare, sorry I wasn't clear enough. I check emails at my home. At school it works fine. Helpdesk doesn't help with anything that's not on their network.

Are you sure POP3 works jobeard? Ms Exhange not only handles emails but also handles calendar, gives access to global address book etc. It uses some RPC/HTTPS protocol so I don't believe I can connect to the server with a POP3 client. Thunderbird at least supports only POP3 and IMAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back