A small problem faced by me in LG 27" UHD 4k Monitor (model 68P-B)

Viraf P Chinoy

My PC has a Asrock z170-fatalty mini-ITX mobo & I'm using 6600K CPU for over 6 months with Gskill 2 x 8 GB ddr4 RAM ( 3000 Mhz).

In the past I'd an Asus VG248qe 3d monitor @ 144hz but as it was close to 3-yrs old I was wanting to replace it with a new one. After exploring all options I found that LG 27" 4k was the cheapest & best option available. (Asus / Dell / HP were there in 4k but too costly.)

So on 10-04-17, I purchased the 27" LG 4k monitor & it worked without any probs for about 2-1/2 months. Now in the last 10-15 days a very typical prob faced by me is in Kaspersky Internet Security 2017. Whenever KIS program is running (for scan / update... ) the Monitor gives an error" No Signal : going into power saving mode". At this point the PC has just to be reset / off & on again nothing else works.

I've 1st used the Display port & then both the HDMI ports too but this error continues.

Lodging a call with LG Service was hell of a job & after almost a week, the engineer paid a flying visit to my house, saw the monitor & Said" in these highend monis there should not be any problem". When he was there the problem did not occur !! I've uninstalled & done a fresh install of KIS-2017 again .

ANy of my Techspot friends can help me resolve this problem plsss revert to me on mail / phone & help me get this solved ASAP. Thanks in anticipation.

Back