TechSpot

a7n8x-e deluxe ram installion?

By mc_magnum
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Hi im kinda new to this am im unsure whether i can install 2 x 256 (pc3200) with a 1 x 1024 (pc3200) together can still get the same result (1.5 gb). I have installed them ram and the computer has booted i was just curious to wether it is a good idea or not? please if anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated! if you could email me instead it would be a great help! email: biguprob@aol.com

ps) i have cpu-z if any details are needed!

2. icantwinn

icantwinn TS Rookie Posts: 38

i dont see why not all it is doing is uping your ram and there all pc3200 so its not underclocking them. i would just put them in and if you start to have problems then take them out.

3. mc_magnum

mc_magnum TS Rookie Topic Starter

i was just wondering if it would make the ram work in single layer instead of double data. im not sure tho... to be honest i want as much performance out of my PC as possible! do u have any ideas of overclocking my main board with a xp2800. if you can make a guide or post steps to follow.

4. icantwinn

icantwinn TS Rookie Posts: 38

sorry man i know nothing about overclocking, but i do know if you go to www.pcworld.com and type "overclock" in there search bar it will give you a step by step guide on how to do it.

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Search Feature is your friend.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.