A7V8X XP works but w/o support for Lan,USB and Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

I've got an Asus A7V8X and ran into a problem once I re-loaded XP. XP works great, I have access to my files and it loads just fine, just w/out the Lan, USB and Sound. Under the device driver, all I get are question marks for these devices. Everything was good before I reloaded XP, so I know the board works fine. I installed the most recent 4 in 1 drivers per the Asus website but still no-go. I made no changes to the Bios in 6 months, so I should be fine there.

So, what's up?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First go Here click on the drivers tab and download the audio and ethernet drivers for your mobo.

As for the USB problem. Have you got anything connected to your USB ports?

It maybe that if you have then it`s the drivers for the device that`s connected you need.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

More Info

Thanks Howard.

I downloaded and installed but still I have those pesky question marks in my device manager. And still, no support. I didn't properly describe the condition in my first post, so I'll try to be more thorough here.

My Asas mobo is having a problem w/ the Ethernet controller, Multimedia audio controller, network controller, USB Controller, 2nd USB controller and the video controller.

I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I'm stumped.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Obviously something is sadly amiss with your system.

Reinstalling the drivers should have fixed the problems.

I would suggest that you backup any important data and do a complete reformat and reinstall.

Hopefully that will sort it out.

I`m sorry that I can`t be more helpful, but if it were my system that`s what I would do.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

Had this problem before on that board. You got one of three things, BIOS is corrupt or bad due to a bad or wrong BIOS flash, BIOS option may be wrong, try setting to default settings or you have a bad board. Only three things that stop those items from working. You could try reloading Windows and making sure you don't have a virus though. Good luck

Right click on one of the items in question, and look at the details. Does it say "Device unable to start"??

If so I have been able to fix this by disabling and then re-enabling the devce.

You need to go to the Asus Website maybe called asustek. Then download the chipset drivers for that motherboard and try installing the drivers. If it is a Via chipset you need the Via 4-in-1 drivers.

These motherboards were very finicky. You might do better with a motherboard like the A7N8X if you have an Athlon XP processor or an Athlon Processor. I dont recall what processor these boards were designed for.

You need to go to the Asus Website maybe called asustek. Then download the chipset drivers for that motherboard and try installing the drivers. If it is a Via chipset you need the Via 4-in-1 drivers.

These motherboards were very finicky. You might do better with a motherboard like the A7N8X if you have an Athlon XP processor or an Athlon Processor. I dont recall what processor these boards were designed for.

http://support.asus.com/download/download_item.aspx?product=1&model=A7V8X&SLanguage=en-us

I dont know if this link will work or not.

May have to start here and look for downloads:

http://usa.asus.com/

For Asus motherboards always try the Asus Drivers. The standard Via Drivers may not work correctly or as well or even at all. I have used a lot of Asus motherboards. The motherboards with the most problems have been the ones with Via Chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back