AC3 bypass- help needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have an X card using the latest drivers, combined with a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy and Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 surround speakers and am unable to get sound when playing dvd video. I have spoken to Creative technical support and they said that the X card has to allow AC3 bypass for the sound to work on dvd video. Could you please tell me if this is possible and if so how I can achieve this. :(

I'm not too familiar with the audigy, but have you tried using different audio processors... Like DirectSound, Wave and AC3? You can usually choose these options in your DVD software player.

Another thing you mght want to check for is if you have your soundcard connected to your DVD-ROM properly. I'm not sure if this is necessary for the Audigy though. Check to make sure your CD digital audio isn't muted in sound too.

Well I have an Audigy, and maybe you could try this idea, unless you figured it out already. Go into The Creative Surround Mixer, and then go to the Speakers tab. Then click on the Settings button, and see if the AC-3 Decode is enabled or disabled.... I am however not familier with the X Card, is it the RealMagic X-Card? I did a quick search on yahoo and the review on this website was the first thing that came up Sigma X-Card

Do you need to connect any cables between that card and the Audidy? It sounded like you need to in the review....:blush: ..just a couple thoughts....

Oh and I read this just now from another page of that review....

In my case using the Line-Out connected to the Audigy’s Line-In the Audigy will output the audio just fine.
(So dont forget to enable your line-in on your audigy)
So if I'm thinking of the same card as you have, then you need to connect the line out from your X-Card to your Audigy's line in, I think you'll need to play around with the AC-3 settings some more though...or disable the AC-3 on the X-Card so the Audigy decodes it with it's AC-3 decoder:grinthumb Hope this helps you

Thank you all so much for the advise. Originally I had the Xcard connected directly to the TV input for sound but I didn't think to connect the Xcard to the soundcard but I suppose it does make sense if you think about it lol :).......Silly me :) I also had to set the xcard for analog output to get sound. I am so pleased I can't thank you all enough........The Sigma Xcard with audigy 2 soundcard and inspire 6.1 speakers is certainly a wicked conbination.....I can personally recommend it :)

Thanks again

If you want Dolby Digital 5.1 with that combination you need to have an Audigy drive. Otherwise, as you've found, you can only use the Line Out of the Xcard to get audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back