TechSpot

Ac97 digital signiture problem

By Robin997
Jan 11, 2008
  1. hey,

i have recently installed windows 2k with sp4, but am having a problem with installing an ac97 sound driver. Halfway through install i get a message saying 'digital signiture not found', i have the option of clicking next to continue. A few seconds later the pc restarts, and the installation fails to complete successfuly because of that problem. i dont have xp so can't install that by the way.

any helpful solotions most welcome!!!

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Are you sure that this is because of the digital signature? Where did you get the driver from? How do you know that it is the correct driver for your motherboard?

3. Robin997

Robin997 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 121

i presume so, as halfway through installing a message comes up saying 'digital signal not found', the install tries to continue, but reboots after a few seconds for some reason!

4. Nodsu

The signature error is totally irrelevant. It onlymeans that the driver maker did not spend a fortune trying to get the driver certified by Microsoft.

So you don't really know that it is the right driver. Please, go to the downloads website of your motherboard or computer maker and download the correct driver from there.

5. Robin997

right, but the thing is it comes up with that digital signiture meggage, continues installation, but for some reason restarts and the installation fails.

6. Nodsu

Well, right after Windows starts, it comes up with a Microsoft copyright message. Therefore every conceivable problem you get is because of the copyright! :p

7. Robin997

erm, dude, my win 2k is perfectly legit thanks!!!,
    i have bought a sound card and the problem is now resolved
    cheers for ure help!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.