TechSpot

AC97 RealTek Problem

By Inn3r
Jul 17, 2005
  1. Where to start, since i recently formatted i have set everything back up, im using 5.1 speaker system, and now the centre and the rear speakers arnt working.
    I dont mind if i could change it to 4 speakers and just use the 2 fornt, centre and Sub, when i Click Test the Centre, Sub and rears play nothing yet the Sub plays when i put music on. i have tried god knows how many combinations and i still cant get them all working. Thanks in advance
    Here is my Dxdiag Dump:

2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Did you set windows "sound and audio devices" speaker settings in control panel to 5.1 speakers, too? Also, music off of a CD or MP3s are only recorded in 2 channel. You'll need advanced sound card controls (drivers and software) to mix them any differently. A lot of 5.1 soundards don't have those features. That's one of the reasons I like nVidia's SoundStorm audio; DD encoding on the fly.

3. Inn3r

Inn3r TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmmm

Yeh i checked, beforei formatted sound came out of all of them, i had nothing open but the sound man and when i do test i just get the front and sub/center now, but still no rear its a set computer and it worked before so there is no reason it shouldnt now

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.