Accessing BIOS on an Asus Laptop

Phanixis

I recently purchased an Asus N56VJDH71 laptop. The laptop came preinstalled with the abomination known as Windows 8. I am trying to change the boot order so the laptop will boot from my Windows 7 disk. To do this I need to access BIOS. I have tried most of the standard key combinations, F1, F2, F8, F12, Insert, Delete, but I cannot seem to access BIOS.

I even contact Asus Tech support by phone but their representatives are a special kind of useless. They would not provide me a straight answer to this question. Does anyone else have Asus laptops? Do they know how to access BIOS.

Update: I have half solved this problem. There is a rather convoluted procedure listed here http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/709605-need-help-asus-n56vz-rh71-cant-enter-bios.html that enables me to access BIOS. Still, this is something I should be able to access upon booting, I should not be going through the operating system just to access BIOS. If something ever went seriously wrong with my computer, I may never be able to fix it if the only way to access BIOS is listed above.

Back