TechSpot

Accidental Virus Protection?

By jungle5150
Jul 20, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. hey yall. i havent been on this mb in a while. but i used to "frequent" it. i use the term loosely. but i have posted more than 9 times lol this is a brand new name. btw ignore spelling errors please i never made good grades in spelling lol. a well lol. well the thing that i was gonna talk about..... hmmm. o yeah. well i have 2 os's on my comp 98 and 2kpro. i installed 2kpro on a very small partition that has just about enough room for it and a couple programs. the rest i install to my bigger partition, not the main one. this bigger partition also has win98 on it. i use partition magic. so anywho not too long ago i got a virus that screwed up my os. but i realized that i can jsut reformat the small partition and not lose any of my files :D he he. so it would seem to me that i am pretty safe from a lot of the viruses that attack the os. and if i really need the comp i can just use 98 until i have time to reformat. lol course then id have to be a bit more careful about virii since i dont wanna infect my backup os. so is this really pretty cool like i think or do i prob have a virus in my big partition b/c i didnt reformat it lol. let me know great gods of 3ds. :) later
    jungle
    btw: if it does kinda work then i recommend it lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.