Accidentally changed keyboard symbols!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelineTherese

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me? I accidently cliked a few keys in the keyboard, and when i try typing some keys are not appearing properly, for e.g. if i want to type the word "p" it comes as "-"(the symbol above that word). This problem is only for a few keys. I am typing properly now by holding one finger on the "Fn" key next to "ctrl". How can i change it back to normal?

I am using a laptop incase u want to know.My laptop is an acer aspire 5610, OS windows xp.

sounds like you have 'NumLock' on. Its a Fn extension and it will most likely be on the top row in blue. Press Fn and the appropriate NumLock button to take it off. That should sort it.

for classic view..
start>control panel>region language,time dates etc.. then check or install/change keyboard for your area, ie usa,uk,dr,cz or whatever

k.jacko said:
sounds like you have 'NumLock' on. Its a Fn extension and it will most likely be on the top row in blue. Press Fn and the appropriate NumLock button to take it off. That should sort it.
I agree. Although on my laptop, you have to hit SHIFT then Num Lock.

But look for that setting and report back.

It worked!! Awesome, thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate your help!

The solution was a matter of turning the NumLk off ...it sounded too simple to be true. I needed to press the Fn key simultaneously with NumLk (F11 key)

Special thanks to k.jacko and poertner_1274! You saved my day!

I would like to thank also@tomrca and CCT . I didn't know about "classic view" or "euro" switch before. Another thing learned in a day!:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back