TechSpot

Accidentally deleted admin account by changing user name

By SENONE
Feb 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I wanted to change my user account name so I followed instructions from a article I found online, in which it looked credible enough (but apparently not). It instructed to RUN "Control Userpasswords2" which brings up the User accounts window. Then I clicked on account I wanted to change name (which happens to be main Admin account) and clicked on "PROPERTIES". There I was able to change "USER NAME".

Everything seemed fine until I tried to open WORD but failed with an error message. it read "click 2 run virtualization han.." on top of window and the number "30015" inside the window.

I then went back to reverse what I did and found the "USER ACCOUNT" window empty.. my account that used to be there was deleted.

So I tried to System Restore and that failed with another error window.

I also noticed I was not able to open UNINSTALL PROGRAMS window...

can any body help me?? I would greatly appreciate your time.

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Start Windows system restore before you boot. Tap F8 key as it's turning on, you'll get the option (Windows 7).

3. SENONE

SENONE TS Rookie Topic Starter

If that fails too, will I be able to log back in? since I "deleted" my account... its in quotation marks since I am not sure what really is the status of my account. No accounts show in the "Accounts" window I was talking about. and I keep getting these error messeges... I am currently still logged in to the main account but I fear I wont be able to log back in.

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Can you create a new user account? I'd do that just in case.