TechSpot

Accidentally uninstalled audio and ethernet drivers

By GAP3R Ki113R
Nov 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello i have a custume built computer that i got from my older brother because he up graded. i am horrible with computers. my problem is under standin it and wut not. her the big loop. i turn my computer on one day, bam no sound. so i looked into Realtek hd audio. sound in the controll panel nothin was muted and it look good i also tested my pc speakers with my ipod and the speakers are good. but no sound so i read a little more and found out that i might need new drives so i went to realtek and looked for there realtek hd audio drives for xp to get new drives. installed them rebooted my pc still no sound. so then me being a noob i went to add and remove programs and deleted everthing that had to do with realtek thinking i could go on the enternet and try from scratch. now i got two problems my ethernet jack has no drive or something now i have no sound or enternet i have screwed my self )=

if anybody can help me i would really really help full
    o ps i do not have the cd from when me and my big brother built the rig )=
  2. KiddRiu

KiddRiu TS Rookie

First Realtek also do ethernet drivers so chances are you unistalled it as im guessing you have realtek ethernet.

Best optionis to do the following.

1 - Load your pc
    2 - Go to control panel located at the start menu
    3 - Select system in the control panel [choose classic view to make it easier to find]
    4 - A new window will appear with yout system details. Look for the tab named Hardware.
    5 - Next the window should change showing you at the first section Device Manager on a button click this button [if you know the other ways to get to device manage you can use them too]
    6 - Device manager should now load showing you a list
    7 - In the list shoud be Network Adapters click this.
    8 - A list should appear showing you details of your installed parts.
    9 - Copy the EXACT name of this device something like Realtek RTL Ethernet Nic or something in them lines.
    10 - Go on the net on another pc[Guessing you can as you posted on this forum]
    11 - Search google and you should easily find them or the auto installer from Realtek [if you actually have realtek ethernet]

SImply download the drivers or installer across on a dongle or cd or what ever means and hay presto install restart have fun.[This is not the easist way but it is pretty much 100% ***** proff meaning any one can do it this way]
  3. GAP3R Ki113R

GAP3R Ki113R TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you so much it work o=

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.