TechSpot

Accounting for 85% of music sales, Japan is completely obsessed with CDs

1. Japan may be an early adopter of new technology, but the situation is completely opposite when it comes to music. While CD sales have been heading south elsewhere in the world, in Japan the physical media still reigns supreme, accounting for...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Japan is a monopolistic junkyard, and that's the way, aha-aha they like it...

3. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Guru Posts: 362   +49

I still buy music on CDs. After ripping an album to WAV or lossless WMA I store the disc as a backup.

elemental likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

There is Dropbox and many others who can do it without even getting scratched :) Try them, it's cheap ;)

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

This is mostly how I handle my music as well. I buy the CD and rip and encode to flac unless I'm buying it off hdtracks.com

6. Maybe their music is not as well indexed for download being Kanji and such,

7. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,903   +529

They don't want the CDs. they just want the handshake tickets you get from them. such a retarded system.

8. Has the music industry considered that perhaps music sales are tanking in most countries because today's music sucks?

Also, I didn't think Japan was well known for good taste overall. CD and music sales in general may be doing better there because much of the public isn't as sensitive to tasteless drivel.

9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

That's a pretty broad sweeping statement there Guest. I'd bet you can find just as many people to say whatever you listen to isn't that great either.