Acer aspire 5749-6823 keyboard intermittent, touchpad a.w.o.l.

needhelp51

Just ruled out malware in other section of this forum. Laptop's integrated keyboard suffers intermittent lock-ups for no apparent reason (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, right now, doesn't). Touchpad seems deactivated (tried FN + F7 in case of accidental disable, but that's not the case), every option related to touchpad are grayed out in 'mouse' menu (config panel). Before malware check-up,tried system restore to last week, all problems were still there, so I reverted back. I have to use visual keyboard to type. Have to work with external mouse because touchpad doesn't work. Tried reinstalling touchpad drivers from Acer website, and didn't work. Computer worked perfect a few days ago.

Sounds like you may have some system files corrupt. This can occur after a lot of spyware. Some times just removing it dose not correct what it has already messed up. Your best maybe to back up your personal stuff. Then do a factory reinstall.

Yes most computers these days have a built in factory partition. For case like where the OS becomes corrupt. The link I gave you in Post 4 will guide you threw yours. If you choose to do this. I was asking for the OS . So I could be sure I pointed you towards the right restore link.

Back