Acer Aspire One ZG5 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalronin

Hello i have an acer zg5 netbook one day it just died from a low battery tried charging it and after a few hours it failed to turn on power button lit up for a sec hard disk light flashed then nothing tried to plug it back it and the led says it was charging then would turn green saying it was charged but still would not turn on. I replaced the power cord and all that still happens. (the screen was recently replaced by me but it had worked fine for several days after the fix including holding a charge.). I thank anyone in advance for help.

From your post I am deducting that your battery probably has died; as you say the power LED is turned on and it indicates that its charging.

Welcome; but I want to ask one more thing; does your netbook turns on normally when turned on while power plugged in?

I'm afraid to start with you need to get your ac adapter checked, then move on to onboard power unit; battery, etc.

My original ac adapter was a bit old and had some wear spots on the cord I replaced it thinking that was the problem but even with the brand new adapter it still does not work :(

How would i check the on board power unit?

Do you hear any beep by the way?

Are you sure that power cord is OK?

Probably the adapter jack (on the netbook) is loose/or is disconnected from the motherboard, as many manufacturers use cheap/junk jacks (and charge much higher replacement prices for them); if that is the issue, I'm afraid you'll have to take it to a technician.

No beeps, the cord has a status led on the adapter box that lights up green im assuming that means the cord is good. Ill have to look into the jack being bad thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back