TechSpot

Acer launch round-up: tablets, 4.8-inch smartphone, and more

By Jos
Nov 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Acer has taken the wraps off a range of new tablet devices and a content platform as part of an ambitious effort to rival Apple’s iPad and capture a good portion of this still nascent market. The new lineup includes a 4.8-inch "smartphone with the soul of a tablet," 7 and 10-inch Android tablets, a 10-inch Windows-based variant, and a unique dual touch screen hybrid between laptop and tablet. Here's a quick rundown of the key features disclosed so far:

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,237   +79

Wow! I want that behemoth dubbed "phone".
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

Its got the word "Acer" written over it. It will be the worlds first phone to break down after 1 month after burning and melting on the users pocket for no reason.

And it will come with some much crap pre installed it will barely answer calls.
  4. Acer must fine tune their service first and take care of their existing customers. For three month I was trying to contact Acer for a lap top problomes I had, and they keep hanging up on me becaus the serial number printed on cheap lable and you can not read it very well .So they kept on hanging up the phone. Over one hundred attempt and I can't get beyond this problomes. Take care of your customers first.
  5. Go Acer, go
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,528   +315

Not sure I find the prospect of a dual screen laptop compelling if software development that makes optimal use of both screens doesn't go hand in hand. That's taken from Apple's playbook and it's where computing is moving towards to.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.