TechSpot

Acer launches their first 4K notebook with high-end hardware

By Scorpus
Nov 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Just a few years ago you'd be lucky to find a half-affordable laptop that packed a 1080p display. Nowadays it's all about 4K, with Acer the latest company to join in on the action by releasing a 4K variant of their...

Read more

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,385   +105

That 3 cell battery might be less than they're estimating. They should have gone with 6 cell battery to really get that 4 hrs estimate. 4K pushing now with ACER. They make some excellent computer gear. But to keep the cost under 2K they use a moderate 4K tech in the top end laptop.

3. Zenodroid

Zenodroid TS Booster Posts: 134   +27

High end ? an outdated gpu and the other hardware isnt really high end. nope, acer keep failing :p

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

For a company that's 'failing' they are sure showing good profit and doing pretty well for themselves. If that's your idea of failure then success to you must be most other peoples impression of failure.

5. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Guru Posts: 508   +45

I bet its a 30Hz screen? I reckon it is an understatement about turning down graphics yes you have to play it all on low settings @ 30hz to get a "playable framerate".

6. Zenodroid

have u ever owned acer products ? yeah they sell good, but they also break and fail good. would be fun to find the firm who have most repairs on their systems :) acer would be high on that list ;)

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

That sounds like an opinion not fact...Acer products have been fine throughout the years with a few hiccups here and there just like every other company in the realm of laptops.

4k on a GTX 860m...I do not see that going over to well...

8. Zenodroid

it still dont make it high end. if u are power and gamer user, u will know what high end is.

9. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,309   +56

Can't even see the 2k display. Most seniors at the ymca I talk to can't either, which is why seniors don't do computers.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

Yep I do. In fact I have a cheapo Acer Aspire laptop at the moment which is about 2 years old and I've never had any trouble with it. It'll easily last another 2 years.

11. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Guru Posts: 508   +45

I have an acer 8930G which I have been using for many years great laptop with a 18.1 inch screen, blueray and true 5.1 surround (yes it physically have 5 speakers and a sub) though it doesnt work very well unless you are 1inch tall and stood on the keyboard :D

12. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

Haha an gtx860m, wow this is going to fail