Acer Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo34

Hello everyone :)
I just received the Acer X203H monitor I bought the other day, as an upgrade for my X193W which I have been using for 1 year. I plugged in the new monitor, got the No Signal message briefly, then the monitor went into standby mode. The monitor didn't react when I turned the computer on, so I decided to plug in my old X193W monitor to see if it was the computer, it did the exact same thing as the other monitor and went into standby.
I've rebooted, changed the cables, checked the connections, now neither of the monitors work.

Was the old monitor working before you swapped to the new monitor? Is there really much difference in the 2 monitors? Size is about the same... Picture quality?

The old monitor was working perfectly apart from 2-3 dead pixels. The only thing different from the 2 are resolution and size.
The old one is 19 inches and 1440x900
The new one is 20 inches and 1600x900

EDIT: Both monitors work OK on other computers.

It would seem that something is wrong with either the graphics card or the power supply. When you first connected the new monitor was the PC not turned off?

It would have been better, IMHO, to have shut down the PC before connecting or disconnecting the monitor. Anyway, it's possible something was damaged in the process.

When you turn on the PC, besides no signal to the monitor does it start normally otherwise? Can you hear Windows opening tune?

It starts normally, I can log in and hear the usual sounds so I'm sure thats fine.

EDIT: Do you think replacing the graphics card will fix it?

Yes, I think so. Do you have access to one that you can test with before actually having to buy one?

Not right now, the other computer I have uses an onboard graphics card, and I'm currently using my netbook.

If you decide to buy a graphics card AND if you need help, let us know. Consider what you use your PC for and what kind of separate graphics card is compatible with your PC, that is, do you have a PCI-E, AGP or PCI slot for a graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back