Acer splits in two, cuts sales forecast

By Matthew
Apr 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Acer has lowered its second quarter sales forecast by 10% instead of expecting figures to remain consistent with the January to March period, when it shipped 10.9 million computers. The first quarter of 2011 was rough too, marking a 12% drop from the same period in 2010. The company blamed various factors for today's update, including recent internal restructuring, inventory adjustments, and the seasonally slow second quarter. The system builder's stock price has dropped 46% since the fourth quarter of last year and plans to address investors' concerns on April 28.

Read the whole story
  2. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

Wong, Wang and Kan...
  3. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 279

Acer will be fine.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Funny, because it sort of rhymes backwards too...
  5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I had my money on Ace and Er. Which half keeps the nifty lime green logo?
  6. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I have seen the "tablet effect" several times myself. Several of the people I know decided to buy a tablet instead of getting a new computer or laptop. I can't really understand it myself - I have a laptop from 2005 that is about on par with most tablets - better than some.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.