TechSpot

Acer to launch Aspire S7 Ultrabook series on October 26

By Shawn Knight
Oct 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Acer will be launching the Aspire S7 Ultrabook series alongside Windows 8 on October 26 in North America. We had our first look at these full HD touch screen systems back in June at Computex and another peek at IFA...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,929   +569

They better offer at least 8GB on the top model, or it's a no deal.

3. "They better offer at least 8GB on the top model, or it's a no deal."

have you ever see someone working with ultrabook and use memory more than 4 GB?

VitalyT likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,929   +569

Im running between clients with an ultrabook that got 4GB. With vs2010, vs2012 and VMW with sql express it is running out of memory very often.

So, who do I have to see for this again? :)

5. Ultra low voltage? really and no icore7? whatsthe difference with older models? they only mimic what they should had achieved years ago....were is the power on this things?

6. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Rookie Posts: 85

I agree 8gb ram is required for all laptops as a minimum. At least the option should be available. The spec does sound promising, I will take the 11inch FHD if the price is right in Australia. It will probably be released in Australia at $2000 which means I will wait for another cheaper option :-(

7. Seems has good build quality, but hope the display isn't just another dark display like another acer laptop

8. @VitalyT:

I'm sorry if you're offended by my previous comment. Regarding how you using your ultrabook, IMHO such task might not suitable for ultrabook, you should looking at normal laptop that certainly sufficient for your needs. Ultrabook is meant for light computing task and portability/mobile

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.