Acer Travelmate 4100 HDD password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I found the site / thread on password removal through google while trying to fix a freinds laptop and figured I would throw out my problem to see if anyone has a solution. I've read through excessive amounts of dell related inquiries yet very little on acer.
My friend has an Acer Travelmate 4100 notebook that has a bios and hdd password on it. It was from a friend who got it from a dead grandmother or something like that so there is no shot and finding the password. I managed to successfully remove the bios password by pulling the cmos battery yet the hdd password remains. From what I can tell this is due to it being written to eeprom or something as such.
There is no need to save the information on the HD as he is planing on giving it to another friend after cleaning it up. I would like to know if there is a way to do this that: 1) Doesn't cost bling bling. 2) Doesn't use a floppy drive to boot from as I don't have an external one. It seems that the hd lock is preventing me from even booting to a cd. 3) Doesn't require soldering. I can pull a notebook apart and put it back together, but I get twitchy when thinking about roasting the mobo.
Fire back with any other information that you need.
Cheers,
Djrealmz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back