Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a laptop for general stuff and gaming. It's important to me that I can play PC games that aren't too intensive graphics wise. I need a laptop that can run games like Skyrim, TF2 and some MMOs at preferably medium to high settings (but I could go for med to low). The laptop I've found is here:
ACER V5-552 15.6" Laptop
Processor: AMD A10-5757M (2.5GHz, 3.5 GHz with Turboboost, 4MB L2 cache)
Storage: I TB HDD (5400 rpm)
6 GB RAM (DDR3) Up to 12 GB installable RAM
Graphics Card: Integrated Radeon HD 8650G
Resolution: 1366x768
Is this going to work well with fairly easy games or could I go even more intensive for games like Crysis 3 and BF4?
Thanks for your help,
Joe

That processor is OK for gaming but the built in GPU is a little low if your expecting high settings even at 720p (With a decent framerate of course). On a game like Crysis 3 Which is so heavy on GPU's, you will likely only get low on that. As for BF4, I can say Medium 30+ FPS at that resolution. If you want a gaming grade laptop, your going to have to jump up a few notches for performance.
This is a medium-low end gaming laptop designed more for people playing not as intensive games as your listing. If you have a budget, could you list it and we will make some alternative solutions. Im assuming around $550 since newegg lists that laptop for that price, but with only 384 stream processors your not going to get far with that even at 720p except on the low settings. BF3 for instance on the 7660D (Which is just the 8650D essentially) runs at 58FPS average on low settings on a 720p monitor.

Last edited:
Back