Acer won't boot up

I have an acer aspire 5315 and when I boot it up with the power adapter plugged in nothing happens. Then when I boot it up using only the battery power, it attempts to boot but this only lasts for a few seconds and shuts off again.any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Remove the battery and try the AC only and see if it boots up?

Also what happen prior to this issue?
Did the laptop shutdown after a crash?

Check AC power that AC power cord and adapter can be replaced from online vendors cost is pretty cheap. I own two ACER/GATEWAY laptop and ACER Netbook both use the same AC adapter. To test your adapter you need what is called a multi- AC/DC tester it has positive and negative leads. If you don't want to get to technical you can replace the AC power adapter.

1. Rule out that the AC power adapter is defective?
2. Rule out that the Battery is defective or just plain dead?
3. If AC power only without battery installed won't start-up the laptop then you know AC power adapter is bad.
4. Check the pin connection using a flashlight to see if the pin inside the laptop is bent? If this is bent or damage then the laptop needs to be repaired. Normally this would be easy to fix most trained service tech would replace the module for the power adapter if such a part exist or they would replace the entire MOBO (motherboard).

Is the laptop running Windows 7 or 8?

Your model AC Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-19V-3-42a-1-77mm/dp/B001MQ694W if you need to replace it that battery is on this link too. Both are really not to expensive. You should always have a replacement battery and AC power adapter around just in case of problems like this one.

Also if it's not the AC adapter or battery then you're looking at a defective MOBO (motherboard) or defective HDD. This laptop would need to be troubleshooted though to make sure what's the issue could be. But with the above info you should be able to figure most of what the issue could be.

Good luck!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS] [/FONT]

Back