Acer's 27-inch XG270HU display will ship with FreeSync support

By Shawn Knight
Feb 19, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Acer announced two new gaming-grade 27-inch monitors at the Consumer Electronics Show last month. The XB270HU garnered the most media attention thanks to its IPS panel and Nvidia G-Sync technology. What Acer neglected to mention at the time, however, was...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Those bezels are awesome! I wonder how much it'll go for though...
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Well there is one place that has it up for pre-order currently (That I am aware of) so that maybe good for at least a base area to guess where its price is going to fall.

Its a very nice looking monitor, Acer has really stepped up their game recently in terms of quality and design.
    amstech likes this.
  4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

I'm very interested in it's brother the XB, but that tiny bezel on the XG is nothing to scoff at either, especially for those who do multi screen gaming.

If I were to get either of them, I will have to buy a new video card... =/
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

If it's non-proprietary, then does that mean it would work with an Nvidia or AMD card? GSync only works with Nvidia cards, I know, but does FreeSync work with either?
  6. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,440   +593

I like it.
    I agree with Ghost, we buy Acer PC's and they have been rock solid (think we are getting VX4620G's now.)
    We've even had good luck with our little TravelMate laptops and Acer monitors.
  7. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 299   +152

Why is it possible to manufacture and sell a $500, 40inch, 4K TV with IPS/VA with HDMI 2.0 by the likes of LG, but not a PC monitor?
  8. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,526   +683

Every Acer product I've ever owned has been excellent. Maybe not top of the line but for the money they are #1 in my book. I would love to see them develop their own line of SSD's
  9. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,081   +331

It should aslong as Nvidia doesn't gimp its cards to force their users to buy Gsync monitors.

Look at the crap they just pulled with the 970 I wouldn't put it past them.
  10. Lionvibez

Economies of scales my friend.

I'm pretty sure they sell more TV's per year than monitors.

So more volume usually equals lower production cost for the manufacturer which then means lower MSRP for the consumer.

Without the volume prices will be higher.
  11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

If you want a 980, get a 980. You really shouldn't complain about them gimping the 980 to sell as a 970. They have been doing that sort of thing since the day they opened for business. The 960 I'm positive is gimped even more, so what is your point?
  12. Lionvibez

That actual situation matters not to me since I'm a Radeon guy.I was just using it as an example of the behavior and arrogance sometimes displayed by them. The rage this caused on the internet was quite enough that we don't need to really discuss that further since its was not the intent of my post.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  13. Hyrax

Hyrax TS Enthusiast Posts: 17   +7

"Getting back on topic, the XG270HU is also a 27-inch model with a maximum resolution of 2,560 x 1,440, 1ms response time and a 144MHz refresh rate."
    I just notices that it is 144Mhz which does not seem right, it should be 144 Hz refresh rate :)