TechSpot

Acer's new Chromebook 13 offers 1080p screen and all-day battery life

By Jos
Aug 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As Chromebooks' popularity continues on the rise Acer has unveiled a new 13-inch model featuring a full HD display and the promise of up to 13 hours battery life. Based on Nvidia's quad-core Tegra K1 chip, the Chromebook 13 will...

Read more

2. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

I bought a refurbished chromebook just to try one out in case I didn't like it. I wasn't even a google fan. now it's the only thing I carry with me.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

At $380 for 1080P, 4GB RAB + 32GB Drive it seems still too expensive. This is configuration of today's mid-range mobile phone, except it is so much cheaper to manufacture.

In fact, you can get a mobile today for under $300 easily, even though it's hardware is worth about 50% or more of the price, while this white shiny toy has hardware in it worth even less, and yet suddenly it is $380 - how come?

It shouldn't cost more than $250.

SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. Meanwhile, the notebook shelves are still littered with 15.6" 1366×768 res machines...

5. taimuraly

taimuraly TS Enthusiast Posts: 116

Think the title of the article is misleading, "all-day battery life" = all day, therefore 24 hours. However, actual battery life stated in the article is 13 hours.
    The all day battery would only be true if we include 8 hours of sleep and the remaining 3 hours used for other activities such as eating, shower, toilet and other mundane stuff. =)

6. If you spend more than 10 hours in front of an unplugged computer, it's an all day. I don't think you spend the whole 24 hours a day in front of an unplugged computer, do you? It's a whole day of usage, don't be an ***.

7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

You suggest an "All day, and night!" battery life. Or an Alaska day in the summer. =) Daytime hours where I'm at run from sunrise to sunset, 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Even so, 13 hours seems incredible since I get about 3 hours on my laptop. So I'd like to know how they're measuring that life.

8. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 240   +17

Why would I pre-order something that's already obsolete?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.