TechSpot

Acer's new Chromebook 13 offers 1080p screen and all-day battery life

By Jos
Aug 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As Chromebooks' popularity continues on the rise Acer has unveiled a new 13-inch model featuring a full HD display and the promise of up to 13 hours battery life. Based on Nvidia's quad-core Tegra K1 chip, the Chromebook 13 will...

Read more

2. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

I bought a refurbished chromebook just to try one out in case I didn't like it. I wasn't even a google fan. now it's the only thing I carry with me.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 2,952   +1,203

At $380 for 1080P, 4GB RAB + 32GB Drive it seems still too expensive. This is configuration of today's mid-range mobile phone, except it is so much cheaper to manufacture.

In fact, you can get a mobile today for under $300 easily, even though it's hardware is worth about 50% or more of the price, while this white shiny toy has hardware in it worth even less, and yet suddenly it is $380 - how come?

It shouldn't cost more than $250.

SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. Meanwhile, the notebook shelves are still littered with 15.6" 1366×768 res machines...

5. taimuraly

taimuraly TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Think the title of the article is misleading, "all-day battery life" = all day, therefore 24 hours. However, actual battery life stated in the article is 13 hours.
    The all day battery would only be true if we include 8 hours of sleep and the remaining 3 hours used for other activities such as eating, shower, toilet and other mundane stuff. =)

6. If you spend more than 10 hours in front of an unplugged computer, it's an all day. I don't think you spend the whole 24 hours a day in front of an unplugged computer, do you? It's a whole day of usage, don't be an ***.

7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,203   +174

You suggest an "All day, and night!" battery life. Or an Alaska day in the summer. =) Daytime hours where I'm at run from sunrise to sunset, 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Even so, 13 hours seems incredible since I get about 3 hours on my laptop. So I'd like to know how they're measuring that life.

8. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

Why would I pre-order something that's already obsolete?