By Arris
Mar 17, 2002
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Oh bring back Rambus *ntel!

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,601   +110

Tomshardware Ram Roadmaps

Looks like Samsung at least are going to keep making Rdram...
    All the way to PC1200 until 2005 and beyond :rolleyes:

4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

Is that a mis-type Arris ? 1200 ? arent we going to like 2700 and beyond ?? Or am I reading it wrong like DDR 266 ? IE DDR1200 ??

And Uncleel, if rambus is so great, why did Intel abandon it ? (AMD is the answer) (evil grin) ;)

5. Arris

Nope I was referring to RDRam which is set to go to PC1200 in the future. DDR SDram is at 333DDR (2.7gb per second theoretical hence the 2700 number). Next step (with Via and SiS already showing 400DDR motherboards at CeBIT - Check the news forum for details) is 400DDR and then from there upwards.

Plus I had read that AMD looked towards Rambus for use with the Hammer. From what I can tell its going for DDR but you never know.

6. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

I always said RAMBUS was the way to go with P4's despite it's price. :)

7. Arris

8. boeingfixer

Yeah if I have learned anything in this business is the only certainty is the uncertanty.

9. hyjacked

hyjacked TS Rookie

i feel all warm and tingly inside, finally more people who are pro-rambus, and the debate is finally swinging around...yay

10. boeingfixer

Sorry, I am not pro Rambus. But I could be convinced if AMD where to ever adopt it.....but for now...I am staying with DDR, and if hammer comes out and stays with DDR, so do I.

11. hyjacked

hyjacked TS Rookie

dont' be sorry, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
    i just never agreed with why people were so for ddr when rdram offered the better performance. even now more so i don't agree with the prices being so close

12. boeingfixer

Rambus's future is going to be interesting with Dell dropping Rambus at the end of this year. If you want a Dell I guess it's gonna be DDR or SDRAM. Why someone would by a P-4 with SDRAM is beyond me. However, I know the average consumer has no clue. Too bad.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.