Acorn PC and RISC software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

Rather than make a meal of this, does anyone remember this well enough to tell me how to pull some files off an old (working) Acorn system? Printing is an option but I cannot even see how to do this! Help!

That sort of depends on what hardware we are talking about here? Also, what software you have on that Acorn. (SInce getting files out is a problem, you are probably unable to install anything too)

And I'm really wondering how on earth did you come to a conclusion that we are discussing Macs or running some programs here..

you use a 286 said:
im just wondering why you are using mac software on a PC
lol....

Probably because older "Mac" CPUs (G4, for example) were based on RISC architecture. I guess to some people who don't know better, RISC became synonomous with Apple...?

Sorry - have not been here for a day or so: trouble with someone else's wife! Is there a forum here for inter-marital advice? Only joking!
A bit more background - this Acorn belonged to a music composer who died this summer and the orchestra he used to conduct want to perform a commemorative concert next year. Some of the music they want to perform only exists in data form on the PC.
The software in question is called Rhapsody and it is a music composing package a bit like Sibelius - we can see the scores and even play them through the system speakers but for some reason cannot get them to print.
There seems to be no option to print a test page from the only printer icon available.
If push comes to shove we can hand copy the scores from the computer screen but would prefer to print them off ready to give to the musicians.

Hmm.. Take photographs of the screen?

Even if you could get the music files to a PC, I don't think there is a version of Rhapsody that would run there. And if you used a RISC OS emulator on the PC, you would probably run into the same printing problem..

Needs to find an Acorn guru :)

Hi Nodsu
I think this Acorn is going to be "archived" once the music has been extracted from it - you are right - we need an Acorn guru!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back