TechSpot

Acronis fails to launch

By Pazuzu
Jan 31, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having problems with Acronis True Image 2009 Home. I had the free trial version & used it while I waited for the full CD version to arrive. Somehow i filled up the external HD with backups - I think I should have used incremental backup after the first complete backup.
    I uninstalled acronis using windows XP home sv3 add/remove from the conrtol panel. I formatted the external HD from the DOS prompt since Acronis seemed unable to delete content. when I installed from the CD all went well until I tried to use Acronis the next day. Since then it just hangs - shows as "processing" in its start up box but task manager shows as not responding. Do I really have to follow three pages of manual registry entry removals or is ther a simpler way to cleanly uninstall this malfunctioning application?

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/articles/1090/
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.