ACSI: Apple maintains leads in consumer satisfaction

Matthew DeCarlo

Consumers are happier than ever with their electronics purchases, according to a paper published by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) today. It's reported that satisfaction ratings for computers, appliances and pricey electronics like TVs are at or near all-time highs. For the seventh straight year, Apple outranked other PC makers scoring better than ever at 86 "points" on a 100-point scale, up 2% from last year.

Dell, Acer and HP are Cupertino's nearest Windows-based competitors with 77 points, an increase of 3% to 4% on-year. That increase is attributed to the passing of Windows Vista, which was generally hated by consumers. "Barely a year into the release of Windows 7, satisfaction with these brands has returned to, and in some cases even surpassed, the levels prior to the launch of Vista," said ACSI.

Satisfaction levels for consumer electronics including TVs, DVD and Blu-ray players are up 2.4% at 85 points. That's more than any other ACSI industry, which is largely thanks to decreasing prices the report notes. Whirlpool continues to be the most liked household appliance brand at 83%, while GE trails at 81%, a 5% boost from last year. Electrolux follows at 79%, matching a five-year low.

Permalink to story.

Hmm could those values be higher than most because the customer size that they service is smaller than the group that the others deal with, thus making it a little "sorted" The one thing that I can say is a higher percentage of Apple customers are more saticfied than the other group percentages perhaps.

My boss recently updated her iPhone and apparently it bugged it out to the point of un-usability.

She went in and they gave her a replacement phone and now she claims they are the best company in the world.

Apple breaks your phone + Gives you a new one = THE BEST OMHGOMHG

whiffen said:
My boss recently updated her iPhone and apparently it bugged it out to the point of un-usability.

She went in and they gave her a replacement phone and now she claims they are the best company in the world.

Apple breaks your phone + Gives you a new one = THE BEST OMHGOMHG

lol almost Stockholm syndrome

Back