TechSpot

Action camera maker GoPro files confidential IPO documents, will go public

By Shawn Knight
Feb 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. GoPro, makers of rugged cameras for lovers of the outdoors, is going public. The company revealed on Friday that they have filed the necessary paperwork to start working towards an initial public offering.

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

I cant believe this device originiated from a camera strapped to someones head lol.

ikesmasher likes this.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

I can't tell if the picture in the article is a video game screen shot or a picture from a frame of video from a GoPro!

I've long wanted a GoPro camera. But as it's said, they're in a niche market with a somewhat limited application. I just don't have enough use for a camera to justify my want for one. But I think their IPO will be successful.

4. The GoPro originated from Nick strapping a camera to his wrist....Apples iWatch on the wrist will also sport a camera which makes me think Apple wants a slice of the POV market, Google Glass has a POV camera.
    GoPro to me are that middle camera between iPhone/Android and DSLR, you don't have to be into extreme sports to use this thing.
    I have two GoPros with a third enroute.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.