Adaia to unveil $1,300 Android phone for adventurers

By David Tom
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Struggling handset manufacturer Nokia has seen its fair share of problems, highlighted by extreme downsizing and mass layoffs. However, Nokia’s turmoil has launched a series of promising startups; one of which is Adaia, a 16-person initiative led by ex-Nokia employee...

Read more
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

There's a cell phone case by Otter box called Armored you can buy that can dive under water up to 6.6ft and withstand 2 tons of crushing force, for $79. that takes care of 30% of the listed feature and it doesn't cost $1300 or $6500 dollars. this is why nokia fails.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I agree with everything, as I have seen the Armor series cases and they are as you describe. But what does Nokia have to do with this?
  4. howzz1854

my point and opinion was that since this company was founded by ex nokia employees. hence this is the type of people Nokia hires/hired that envisions their product development, which has very little appeal to the general consumer and have high price/value ratio.
  5. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,115   +1,379

Phone for easy-buck adventurers?
  6. lawfer

It's a little disingenuous to blame Nokia for this, only because ex-Nokia employees have sought other ventures. Even worse, to assume this is the kind of people Nokia hires without any frame of reference. Especially considering that unlocked Nokia devices are widely known to be considerably cheaper than competing smartphones...
  7. howzz1854

if you couldn't sense my sarcasm in the original post, you're taking it way too seriously.
  8. lawfer

I didn't see sarcasm, because there seemed to be none of it. Hence my first reply to you asking for some context. Your second reply seemed to only prove even further that what you said at the end of you first post was what you meant.
  9. howzz1854

my second reply was in response to the fact that it seems you didn't get the reference relation of "ex nokia employee". seriously... it was meant to be sarcastic.. if you didn't get it then you didn't get it. let it go.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,947

$6500? No phone is worth that.