Add or Remove Programs Error. Mysterious "Ghost" Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Danny

Hey there everyone. This is a kind of wierd situation. Recently, I installed a game called America's Army. When it was done installing the game, it asked if I wanted to install the America's Army Server Manager and I did. A few weeks later, after being severely disappointed with the game, I went to uninstall it. Since the game also installed multiplayer stuff like Xfire and SeemePlayme, i decided I would uninstall multiplayer elements first, followed by the game. Xfire and seemeplayme uninstalled successfully, but when i tried to uninstall the server manager butit wouldn't let me. figuring that it was in some way tied to america's army uninstallation i uninstalled the game next. that went successfully, but the server still appeared in the A/R Programs list. i hit uninstall again and it said "this action is only valid for products currently installed." i then tried several things. first i deleted all the files thtremained from America's army...no result, then i tried using registry medic 3.0...no errors, then i tried going through myentire registry looking for anything left over...nothing. i even went to the registry entries unser like software/microsfot/windows/current version/uninstall and i found there were no entries. can someone clear this up for me?

try reinstalling the game and uninstall everything starting with the server. have you used the uninstaller that came with the game? (assuming the game has one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back