TechSpot

Add your system specs to TechSpot profiles!

By Julio Franco
Sep 24, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Although members have been able to post system specs on their user profiles for a long time, I agree your profile was not the ideal place to showcase that information.

For that reason I have added a feature to have system specs readily available along with every post you make in our forums.

See where my join date, and post number information is? I have added a drop down link that displays key information about your system.

Want to add yours? Go to User Profile > Edit profile > Set "System Specs" to YES, then add your system specs information and you are done! :D

PS: Only key information such as CPU, videocard, etc. is shown. The complete system profile, and an option to add a second system is still only available through your member page.

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Julio, I think that is a great idea. Now let's get some users to sign up and start using it! I'll get mine filled in when I get home on Friday.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

In the time it took you to post that you could have checked the box in your profile and started to make a cup of coffee in that little 1 cup maker they probably have in your room.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

yeah, but I forget all the exact specs of the parts in the HP

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 7,059   +646

A lot of our members have already filled their specs in the profile, they just need to set the drop down to YES, and voila!

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Just updated mine. If you know your system info off hand it takes 3 mins.

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Great feature. I just enabled mine.

Is there any way to add Power Supply as a separate item in the profile and perhaps the new drop down as well? I realize there are limits and we don't have to include every detail but power supplies are fairly important components these days. Just a thought.

8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Enabled, great feature Julio. :)

9. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 900   +15

Great Feature Jolio!! :respect:
    just enabled mine too...

10. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

GREAT JULIO

Regards Jase

11. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

:grinthumb

12. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,393   +108

Anyway to add more than one System Specs well I see we might have room for two system specs to be shown right?