Adding a 3rd monitor

Hi,
I want to add a third monitor to my HP Pavilion p6320f PN. It currently has a NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Integrated graphics card. Will this card support a third monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Surly it's down to how many sockets for a monitor input there are on the back isn't it?. Unless you're using some kind of splitter (which i don't use, so i don't know).

According to the web; "Pretty much all Nvidia graphics cards have multi monitor support (above 2 with proper control settings management )". However; "If it's intergrated, then probably not".

I'm guessing that Nvidia "9100" is integrated graphic, (on the motherboard), since I've never actually seen a card of that number sold.

My suggestion would be to buy an inexpensive add-in card, to run the extra monitor(s). It should be the same brand, (Nvidia), so the driver software will be optimized for both VGAs.

A lot of this will depend on the motherboard BIOS, as to whether it will allow you to run external, (the add-in card), and internal graphics simultaneously.

#rd Monitor

Yes the NVIDIA Ge Force is integrated. The PC is a HP Pavilion. He is the additional info I have:
AND Phenom II x 4 Quad processor
* GB DDR3 Sys mem.
! Terabyte HD
Windows 7

I'm not a PC kind of guy. I'm just looking to find a way of adding third monitor.

Look up something called "Triplehead2go" I've seen it in numerous gaming videos where theyre running a game across 3 monitors, maybe its what you're after? good luck :)

If your wanting to just have 3 displays at once, for office tasks you either need two GPUs, in either crossfire, or SLI, or you need a HD5xxx GPU supporting eyefinity, which will allow for 3 displays to be used at the same time. You could also require a new PSU to power it as well.

If your intention is to game with 3 displays your going to need major GPU horsepower to achieve this, so your looking at a minimum of two HD6870/GTX460 1GB's, a new PSU, and most likely a new case and motherboard (as its doubtful a HP motherboard will support CF or SLI setups). If your looking to game on 3 displays with full HD resolution your talking over 5000 pixels wide, by 1080 high.

So whether it is possible depends on your budget, and your intended usage. Two high resolution displays are more than enough for the majority of desktop office based activities though.

There might be other ways of achieving this, but in my opinion your cutting corners any other way.

Back