TechSpot

Adding files to ISO images

By Th3M1ghtyD8
Oct 11, 2002
  1. How can I add files to an ISO image.

For example i want to copy a CD <aka Clone> and then add files to the image before I burn it.

Can anyone suggest a program that can do this

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I don't know of a way to do this.. It probably has something to do with an ISO file being exact copy of the file system.

I usually just extract the files on my hard disk and add my own, then burn it to a CD.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

That is also what I would suggest....

Extract image to your HD then add the files to whatever folder needed, then just burn the resultant image.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I assume you're using Windows, so check out ISOBuster. It should do the job and a lot more.

5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

WinISO is also really good.

I think you can just open the file and add files to it pretty easily. Never tried it before, however. I can't find a reason why not...

6. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

How can you endorse something you've never used?

7. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

I've used it for opening and extracting ISO files :stickout: just not adding files and the like.

8. hdmk

hdmk TS Rookie Posts: 104

WinISO works great for me.

You can get a trial version at winiso.com, which you can upgrade to the full thing for $30....but you know how else you can get the full version...;)

- but that's up to you and your conscience.

On the other hand, there might be a similar free program that does the job..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.