TechSpot

Adding graphics card to Dell Dimension 3000

By mom needs help
Dec 12, 2007
  1. I have a dell dimension 3000 pent 4 windows XP. The current graphics card appears to be "onboard" my son is having problems playing some games and I was told I could add a better graphics card. Not knowing a whole lot about computers, I purchased a BFG Tech Nvidia 6200OC graphics card. I put it in an available slot in the computer and attempted to install it, messages appear it is working properly but.... I think there is some conflict between the "onboard" one and the installed one I want to use. Is there a way to "disable" an onboard graphics card? and once I do disable if possiable THEN do I plug the monitor into the new card?
    Thanks for your help, ....my sons REALLY thank you....
    momof4

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Your manual will tell you how to disable your onboard graphics. If you haven't got it then visit the dell website.

3. Op2

Op2 TS Rookie Posts: 86

Right click on My Computer => Manage => System Tools => Device Manager => Display Adapters => Right click on the Integrated card and choose Disable.

4. mom needs help

mom needs help TS Rookie Topic Starter

changing graphic card in dell Dimension 3000

I did it and it WORKED PERFECT! card it working and monitor is plugged into it and working also! no more black screens! This information was VERY helpful and was A B C to follow! thanks Op2!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.