TechSpot

Advice for GPU fan out

By Deshra
Sep 20, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. My rig after 4.5 years of hardcore gaming has a fan out in my GPU. It's my nvidia GTX 570 with directCU2.
    My options are to find either a used (not a good choice in my book) refurb(not as good either) a new GTX 570 or upgrade. My mobo (Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3) has a PCIe3 slot that my 570 is in. I can fit up to a 12x5 card in it's place. As it stands I can't run my PC because the fan being out (even though it's one of 2) is already causing freezing. I have found that a GTX 970 with Asus DCU2 fans will fit and my mobo and PSU will support it. But it's a $300 card and until I can get it I can't get into any games.

So in short, would it be best to contact Asus or Nvidia for a replacement fan for my 570 and continue saving for my full rig upgrade in a couple years, or save for the GTX 970? (*Note* I have used Radeon cards before and find them troublematic and I refuse to use them. My wife has one and I'm always working on hers).
    Thank you all for any suggestions!

2. Deshra

Deshra TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 60

I'm contacting Nvidia today to find out if I can get a replacement fan. As for my upgrade I've seen there is an issue with the GTX 970 so any input on that would be appreciated.