Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPACECOWBOY

i am new to computing so be gentle,i have norton antivirus and firewall and it is due for subscribtion and people have told me just to remove it from my pc and install it again so i didnt have to pay,does this work or shall i just pay the costs (does anyone know how much u pay).

First, Norton is bad and you should remove it.
No, Norton can tell that it has been installed on your computer before. You cannot trick it unles you reformat or look up all the marks Norton made in the system.
If you insist on buying Norton then they just might have the prices on their webpage.

Nodsu said:
First, Norton is bad and you should remove it.
No, Norton can tell that it has been installed on your computer before. You cannot trick it unles you reformat or look up all the marks Norton made in the system.
If you insist on buying Norton then they just might have the prices on their webpage.
As Nodsu said its true norton is not to good,You can trick it yes by reformat,On your new install you will have a new computer name such as numbers 37589 etc,This is how norton remembers your computer name,after a re install of Os this will change to a new number,So here you are and reinstall norton,Now norton will see you as a new user and you have a different computer name.Thought i just clear this up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back