Aftermarket PSU for Dell Dimension 8300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently Purchased a new Graphics Card for my Dell Dimension 8300, The manufacturer recommends a PSU of atleast 500W. The PSU i currently have in my 8300 is only a 250W.

I purchased a 600W PSU and I assumed that the PSU would fit in my 8300 case considering both were ATX. This was not the case. The AC port on the PSU didn't lineup correctly with my Cutout on the back of the 8300 Case.

So finally to the Question.

Which after market PSU's of at least 500W will fit in the Dell Dimension 8300 Case?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Buy a Dremel or similar tool and cut the hole - better to spend your money on something useful and still use the PSU you are stuck with.

However, if you can return it, simply LOOK at the pictures of psu's at NCIX or similar place and you'll see whee they place the AC input.

Be aware that the Dell OEM P/S and an over the counter P/S are wired differently. They both plug in fine, but look closely at the color codes of the wires. I believe you can still get the adapters on eBay, if not other sources.

My understanding is that Dell quit that business of proprietary PSU's back around the 4100 series or earlier.

Do some Googling.

:)

I agree with CCT. You don't need to go spending money unnecessarily on a new PSU. I've had success with drilling new holes for improperly-fitting PSUs in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back