Aim buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazon_sephy

Hi,

Tonight i just got a suspicious aim msg from "aim4476856". One thing that has me worried about this, is that i have my settings so that no one can im me if there not on my list so some how they are getting around it. The user isnt added to my list, but the msg says so check my new profile, obviously trying to get some sucker to get a virus/trojan of some sort, anyone else have this happen? Just basically giving a warning about it for everyone, tho im sure your all smart enough to avoid such things :)

I've had this happen to me, and it seems they are using ICQ, There is no way around it. Usually when this happens to me I warn them, then block them. Only get a few a week, so it's not a big deal for me.

Originally posted by poertner_1274 Only get a few a week, so it's not a big deal for me.
ONLY a few a week? I don't recall getting one in the past six months or so. :eek: Am I just lucky or something? :grinthumb

Hahaha, I never get any! I accidently went into something in someones profile saying I have -whatever your screen name is-'s photo in here! And then it brings you somewhere and downloads a virus and that goes into your profile and you can't get it out. So then some other poor sap clicks on it. Hahaha, the only thing I could do to get rid of it is Reinstall my computer. SO! If anyone runs into something like that on AIM just tell the person they're screwed! Well.... Not really tell them they're screwed haha, just tell them they have a Virus on their comp and don't click their profile anymore.

Mikael, this was during the extreme weeks. And that was quite a while ago, I have blocked LOTS of them, and by now I'm sure they have lost my screenname. Anyway I haven't gotten any in almost a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back