Air Mouse Uncontrollable

Hello! I am currently using a Haier Smart TV (running on an Android operating system) with a Haier HTR-U11 wireless remote/air mouse. It recently developed an error where the cursor scrolls around the screen uncontrollably. I can interrupt the movement with sharp movements of the controller, but when I do that, the movements are sporadic (thus not letting me click on anything), and the cursor will go back to scrolling uncontrollably. If I turn off the air mouse function on the remote, the buttons all work normally. I have tried restoring my TV to default settings, removing batteries of the remote, trying new batteries in the remote, moving the USB dongle of the remote (plugged into the TV) to a different USB port, and recalibrating the remote (which I tried by holding the "home" and "ok" buttons near the receiver for 10 seconds). Nothing has worked so far.

My next guess would be to uninstall the drivers on the TV that the USB dongle installs to connect the remote and TV, but I can't find anything in my settings to do that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Back