al 3d games crash t desktop or BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxd4u

hey

wud really appreciat som help. all my 3d games crash t desktop after a few mins or end up wit a BSOD.

System AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 1900 MHz
Memory 256MB RAM
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Via motherboard

crashes durin games, an also for games lik nba 2006 crashes at t save mde screen t desktop.

mostly crashes t desktop. read somwher its a prob w VIA mother board, tat if onboard sound, lan card r enabled it causes BSOD & crashes. is it true? had no prob before installin t graphics card.

please help
thanks
nxd

did you install a new video card? you may need to go into safe mode and uninstall the old one first then reboot before installing the new one.

goto [start>run] and type in %systemroot%/minidump
post 5-6 of the most recent minidumps in a zip here.

You might also want to check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

What psu do you have? Brand, wattage and amps please. You will find this info on your psu`s label.

Regards Howard :)

PSU details

Thanks for replying .

I dint hav a graphics card earlier, after installin one t probs began.
Jus yesterday I had to reinstall windows bcos of t frequent BSOD. So I don’t have any minidumps. Wil post as soon as it happens again.

PSU details –
MERCURY , (300 W) , model KOB AP4300XA
======================================
Voltage Current Frequency

115 V/ 230 V 8A/ 4A 60Hz-50Hz

V output +3.3v +5v +12v ||-5v -12v +5vsb ||

combined power is 280 W
On the bottom it is written “P4 board support”

nxd

I suspect your psu isn`t upto the job.

However, it might be a good idea for you to go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

minidumps attached

i installd a s/w calld anticrash and t game works without exiting t desktop.
but whil browsin again i got a BSOD w win32k.sys error message.
here r t minidumps attached.

nxd

3 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows bootup kernel file. They have bugchecks of C2 and E3.

1 minidump crashes at nv4_disp.dll. Graphics card driver. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys. Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. It has a bugcheck of 50.

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

0x000000E3: RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED

Various failures involving the NTFS file system cause this condition. All documented causes involve actual bugs in Windows.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Uninstall the Anticrash programme. This is because It is referenced in one of your minidumps and you shouldn`t be installing new software, when trying to find the cause of a crash problem.

Follow the instructions in the link I gave you.

I suspect a ram problem, or possibly an underpowered/faulty psu.

mini dumps attachd

hi

here are some more mini dumps. the bios has not been updated for nearly 6 yrs now. can tat be a problem?

nxd

4 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. They have bugchecks of C2 and 8E.

1 minidump is corrupt and unreadable.

1 minidump crashes at USBPORT.SYS and has a bugcheck of D1.

I think you have a hardware problem with ram/mobo/psu etc.

Probably it is the psu that is under powered.

Try another psu of around 400-450watts and of good quality, such as Antec/Enermax/Fortron.

Checkout this PSU Wattage calculator. Add a further 30% to whatever figure it gives you as a safety margin.

psu wattage

hi

the psu wattage calculator showd i need 322 w ( after addin t 30 %). but currently it gives only 280-300 w . here i dont think t psu's u recommend are available.

another thing is my comp has 2 old hard drives and one old soundblaster card , an one old creativ cd rom. wil thes cause a prob?

shud i try updating BIOS first and c if it works out?

thnx
nxd

You can try updating your bios, but I doubt it`ll do any good.

I`ve already told you what I think your problem may be.

I recommend you at least try another psu of between 400 and 450 watts.

I don`t know where you`re located, but you should be able to get a decent psu from somewhere. Those brands I recommended are shipped al over the world.

is 400 W too much??

hey

i forgot t mention tat there is no earthin provided for the computer.
also do u thnk tat providin 400-450 W wil b too much of power for PSU?
an changin the PSU shud stop at t probs right? if so i better go ahead an change it.

thnx
nxd4u

umm.... can you next time try and spell your words out properly...

what part do you mean by 'earthing'? please expand....

all pcs have a ground cable that goes through a 3 pin from the wall to your pc (active, negative, earth) then through the psu which goes to your standard molex plugs (12,5,3,-) and various other things, negative usualy acting double duty as ground and also the case itself....

400w is probably good for your system considering the posts above.. anything above the 330w is good. 400w should give you plenty of headroom for peak performance and upgrade options..

no earthing

hey

what i meant was that there is no extra cable connected to the back of the cpu for earthing. isnt this necessary?

touching any of the pins connected to the CPU gives a shock .

can this be the cause of all the crashing and BSOD ?

thanx
nxd4u

woah.. shock? did you make sure you discharge yourself of static and pulled out the cable to the mains power before you fiddled around in there? or use an antistatic device? a shock can to any electrical component fry the bugger and cause headaches.. and BSODs = headaches.

to the back of the cpu for earthing
i assume you're refering to the tower, where you plug in to the psu and the other side of the black power cable to the wall? or do you mean inside on the actual motherboard/proccessors/components inside the case?

show us some pics to help explain what you're trying to say.. i'm having trouble believing that an electronical appliance (such as a pc) that is connected to the 240/110V mains grid does not have a ground on the case or on the cable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back