TechSpot

Alice in Chains singer found dead

By T-Shirt
Apr 20, 2002
  1. alice in chains

A local tv/radio station has confirmed
    Layne Staley, lead singer and guitarist for the grunge band Alice in Chains, was found dead in his Seattle apartmenthttp://komotv.com/stories/17972.htm

2. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

Yeah I just read it on FoxNews, it is a shame, why do pop stars or people of fame waste themselves that way ?? Tis sad indeed.

3. T-Shirt

T-Shirt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 289

Yeah, It is, but if you look at artistic, introspective, persons through out history have a tendency to be self destructive.
    Modern drugs, tools(guns' etc.) and morals just tend to make them more sucessful at it.

4. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 593

someone in alice and chains actually has a house down the street from me...

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Yeh and Jenna Jamison really works out at your school..... :)

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Holy cow PHAT, you are one lucky man to have Jenna Jamison working at your school. :rolleyes: I bet that makes school a lot more fun. When you have something nice to look at!:rolleyes:

7. T-Shirt

T-Shirt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 289

8. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 593

yeah, i swear to God she does...thurs @ 5:00 on the track. Maybe someone at my school will take some pics this time :eek:

9. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

Re: It gets worse

no worse than kurt blowing off his head w/ a shotgun. Couldn't be identified immediately either.

10. cabrone

cabrone TS Rookie Posts: 153

phat and i go to same school and she does run on the track at our school, she drives a purple lamborgini.... ill take pictures and show you guys

11. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I totally love Alice in Chain's music, so this news was disturbing when I first heard it. Of course, they have been "disbanded" for awhile now, so it isn't like they were coming out with any news stuff soon....

I have to admit though, it is disappointing to hear. I wish rock stars would lay off the crack and focus on their lives and music more.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.