Alice in Chains singer found dead

By T-Shirt
Apr 20, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alice in chains

A local tv/radio station has confirmed
    Layne Staley, lead singer and guitarist for the grunge band Alice in Chains, was found dead in his Seattle apartmenthttp://komotv.com/stories/17972.htm
  2. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Yeah I just read it on FoxNews, it is a shame, why do pop stars or people of fame waste themselves that way ?? Tis sad indeed.
  3. T-Shirt

T-Shirt Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 329

Yeah, It is, but if you look at artistic, introspective, persons through out history have a tendency to be self destructive.
    Modern drugs, tools(guns' etc.) and morals just tend to make them more sucessful at it.
  4. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 Newcomer, in training Posts: 645

someone in alice and chains actually has a house down the street from me...
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,245   +213

Yeh and Jenna Jamison really works out at your school..... :)
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Holy cow PHAT, you are one lucky man to have Jenna Jamison working at your school. :rolleyes: I bet that makes school a lot more fun. When you have something nice to look at!:rolleyes:
  7. T-Shirt

T-Shirt Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 329

8. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 Newcomer, in training Posts: 645

yeah, i swear to God she does...thurs @ 5:00 on the track. Maybe someone at my school will take some pics this time :eek:
  9. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

Re: It gets worse

no worse than kurt blowing off his head w/ a shotgun. Couldn't be identified immediately either.
  10. cabrone

cabrone Newcomer, in training Posts: 166

phat and i go to same school and she does run on the track at our school, she drives a purple lamborgini.... ill take pictures and show you guys
  11. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I totally love Alice in Chain's music, so this news was disturbing when I first heard it. Of course, they have been "disbanded" for awhile now, so it isn't like they were coming out with any news stuff soon....

I have to admit though, it is disappointing to hear. I wish rock stars would lay off the crack and focus on their lives and music more.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.